Ice cream is a sweet craving that almost all people have. Many innovations and ice cream trends have been flourishing since the growth of many desserts in different parts of the world. Today, with the popularity of Saffron recipes, ice cream has been already used as one unique ingredient in presenting mouth-watering and delectable Saffron dishes.
An important part of preparing and presenting this delicious dessert is having good Saffron. It’s recommended to at least buy good quality Saffron like that of Indian, Persian or most preferably, the Iranian Saffron. Remember to always go and look after the strands.
Good Saffron really has this special, heavenly but earthly taste that is said to bring the ancient Persians to euphoria during ancient times. The good and exquisite quality of Saffron is reflected by its cost but it’s an acceptable fact in the market that spices like this is really expensive because it is hard to grow and produce.
Saffron Ice Cream with Ginger has been a popular dessert ever since the birth of many exotic Saffron dishes being served by different cuisine restaurants all over the world. It’s really an amazing idea incorporating new sorts of recipes to produce amazing dishes through the use of Saffron as a main ingredient. The use of a cold and sweet dessert to serve Saffron is just one of the many ways to be creative in preparing unique food in the kitchen.
You too can be your own chef and prepare the best Saffron in your own way! One recipe you can use is this recipe for preparing Saffron Ice Cream with Ginger since it’s a community recipe. Here are the step by step procedures and the ingredients you need to prepare this delightful Saffron dessert
Steps of Preparation
- Bring the whipped cream, saffron, vanilla bean and milk to simmer in a medium sauce pan.
- Gradually whisk the egg yolks and mix them with ¼ cup of sugar in a hot milk in your medium bowl.
- Return to your sauce pan and start stirring on medium heat until the mixture will be in custard thickness.
- Strain the custard in the bowl and refrigerate it until cold. Stir the remaining ½ cup of sugar, water, nutmeg and ginger in your sauce pan until the sugar dissolves and resembles a syrup.
- Strain the mixture into a custard and then refrigerate.
- Process the refrigerated custard in your ice cream machine according to the label instructions.
- Transfer it to containers and refrigerate them until they freeze.
Note: You can make this recipe at least 3 days in advance to fully achieve its ice cream taste and goodness for your family and friends to enjoy.
Source: Persian saffron online