If you are fond of chicken and salad, you will like this kind of recipe. Saffron is added that makes it even more delicious. The ingredients are prepared in the right manner as possible.
The ingredients for the Chicken Tikka Masala
Vegetable oil, for frying
4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into bite-sized chunks
1 tsp ground turmeric, curry powder or pinch of saffron strands (optional)
1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
2cm/¾in piece fresh root ginger peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
340ml/11fl oz single cream or yogurt (optional)
200g/7oz tomato paste or purée
2 tsp English mustard powder
Fresh coriander or parsley leaves, to garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The ingredients for the Red Onion Salad
4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
Salt together with the freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Steps of Preparation
- First, you will heat a large frying pan over a medium to high heat temperature. Then, add the garam masala and paprika. Toast for a couple of minutes then tip the spices onto a plate and set aside.
- Next, drizzle some oil into the frying pan. Then add the chicken and fry. Toss the chicken from time to time until golden-brown all over. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Put the kettle on, lay the rice in a medium-sized, lidded saucepan, and add the turmeric. Pour over enough boiled water to come about 2 cm/¾in above the rice. Cover with the lid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook according to the packet instructions.
- The chicken should have a little toss. Then, add the spring onions, ginger and garlic, cream, tomato paste, mustard powder and the toasted spices. Stir the sauce and leave it to bubble away on a low to medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, this should take about 15–20 minutes.
- Do check the rice if it is tender and has absorbed all the water. Fluff it up with a fork, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and keep warm.
- When the chicken is cooked, taste the sauce, adding more heat (with paprika) or seasoning. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water; if it is too thin, let it bubble away a little longer to thicken.
- Before the serving, you will make the salad. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Divide the rice among four plates and top with the curry. Scatter over some coriander leaves and serve with the salad alongside.
This dish will surely make saffron a great ingredient.