Saffron is no doubt an exquisite spice along with an illustrious past. It has a triple play on the senses. It’s unique and tinged smell, intense color, and unique flavor is extremely combined into a diversity of dishes. There is nothing like it and no one can substitute for it.
When we talk about nuts, no one can’t forget about the almonds. Almonds are widely known as a good source of carbohydrates, which includes sugars, dietary fibers, and starch as well. Almonds are considered to be rich in monounsaturated fats that aids to reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol. One can consume a one or two nuts on a regular basis.
You could find some almond trees most of the times in the South Asian or Middle East countries. An almond was able to rest in a fleshy covering, such as plum or peach. In addition, most people are not aware that this fleshy part tastes good when you let it ripen.
Apart from that, almond is an integral ingredient of many fudge and cake recipes. This is because it offers rich creamy taste and texture to the recipe itself. You could make use of almonds in several recipes. You can combine almond powder in any sort of gravy and it gives a good and thick creamy touch to the gravy. You could prepare some almond shake or even make use of almond flakes on the vanilla ice cream for topping.
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Steps of Preparation
- To start the process, soak almonds in the water overnight. You should peel the skin of the almond and mix them in the mixer along with the whipping cream to create a smooth fine paste.
- Then, heat a 1 tsp. butter in the pan over low heat.
- Put the almond and keep mixing the mixture.
- Add the cardamom powder, sugar and mix it for about twenty (20) minutes.
- Add and combine the condensed milk as well as the remaining butter and mix it all together for another five (5) to ten (10) minutes.
- Remove and put the mixture on a greased plate and press it gently. Sprinkle and cool saffron on top.
- Divide it into pieces and serve.
Almond fudge is a kind of dessert that has a delicate goodness and sweetness of the almond. If you want to make this mouth-watering and delicious recipe, you should cook the almonds on a medium heat and put other ingredients as described above. After all, who doesn’t prefer dessert? The saffron offers it a regal blend and taste so well along with the nutty fudge. It is wonderful and should have condiment after a good candle light dinner. You can try this for a festival, potluck or a party and your visitors will surely love this subtle sweet treat. Almond Saffron fudge is one of the best dessert recipes you can make.